At Evoke Health we are looking for uniquely talented individuals that combine intelligence and experience with drive and passion for what they do. It is our goal to provide our people with the best possible support and environment to grow and thrive. Our culture is entrepreneurial – embracing yet not stifling. We work hard because we love what we do. We believe strongly in intelligent innovation.
Your role as a Medical Copy Editor:
As a Medical Editor at Evoke, you will play a key role in the quality assurance and scientific integrity of the content and copy we produce. Your job will be to edit and prepare all copy for presentation to clients and regulatory reviewers. You will work closely with the Creative and Production Teams on a variety of accounts and initiatives.
A Medical Copy Editor at Evoke:
- Edits original copy for a variety of consumer and professional healthcare audiences
- Proofreads copy for accuracy, grammar, spelling, consistency, and conformity to AMA and/or established client style
- Revises medical copy for precision, clarity, and technical/structural accuracy
- Annotates/fact-checks reference citations for submission to medical/legal regulatory reviews
- Creates and maintain a style sheet for assigned accounts
- Assists with writing assignments as needed
- Excels in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and is able to manage requirements of multiple accounts without sacrificing accuracy.
Qualifications include (but are not limited to):
- 2-4 years of experience in medical copyediting at an advertising agency, in-house agency, or medical publishing company
- Experience in digital medical communications/advertising
- Proven ability to lead and mentor a growing team of creative talent
- Proficient in MS Word
- Strong working knowledge of AMA Style
- Past experience with managing and routing multiple initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and perform with professionalism and excellence under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably one that combines a background in English and Science)
About Evoke Health:
Evoke Health is a full-service agency with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Philadelphia servicing the healthcare industry. Evoke Health partners with leading pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device clients consistently delivering unparalleled levels of strategic service, creative and technological innovation that build richer and more effective interactions between our clients and their customers.
Evoke Health provides an exciting and flexible work environment, competitive salaries and outstanding company benefits including medical, dental, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement. www.evokehealth.com
Evoke Health and Huntsworth Health are equal opportunity employers.